Research & Development cell
R & D Initiatives:
Initiatives for Students
- Students are encouraged to participate in workshops, seminars, paper presentation and project competitions.
- They are motivated to undertake both in house and industry based projects.
- Guest lectures, workshops and industrial visits are regularly arranged to focus on thrust areas.
- Financial assistance is provided for publishing and presenting the paper in a peer reviewed journal and conference.
- Financial assistance for developing the experimental setups for the innovative/socially relevant project work.
- Students are encouraged to submit research proposal under student project scheme to external funding agencies on the topic of their project work.
Initiatives for Faculty
- Financial assistance in terms of registration fees, TA/DA, etc for participation in National & International conferences (India and Abroad), Workshops, Seminars, FDP, etc.
- Faculty members are sponsored for pursuing higher studies.
- Incentives for publishing papers in refereed impact factor journals.
- Incentive to faculty for receiving research grant from external funding agencies of Government of India.
- Faculty members are encouraged for interacting with the outside world such as chairing technical session/invitation as keynote speaker in National/International Conferences, Seminar, Workshop and Guest lecture
- Management extends full supports for the fund required for procuring facilities to do the research.
- Details of Faculty Pursuing Ph.D.
- Details of Paper Published by Faculty in national/international journals
- Details of Paper Presented by Faculty in national/international Conferences
Research Activities in Departments:
- Funded Projects
- Students Projects
- Conferences/Seminars/Workshops/FDP/Summer/Winter Schools Organized
Workshop/Conference/ Seminar/FDP Organized:
- R & D Cell organized National Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering and Technology (NCRTET-2013) 2013 on 1st April 2013.
- R & D Cell organized one day workshop on research methodology on 15th November 2012.
- R & D Cell organized Intra College Conference on Emerging Trends in Science, Engineering and Technology (CETSET-2013) 2012 on 14th November 2012.
- Dr.P.Balamurugan, Principal, Mount Zion College of Engineering and Technology received Rs. 50,000/- from Ministry New & Renewable Energy (MNRE) to conduct three days National level workshop on “Recent Trends in Hybrid and Renewable Energy Systems” during May 2013
- Department of Mechanical Engineering, Mount Zion College of Engineering and Technology received Rs.1,49,830/- from Ministry New & Renewable Energy(MNRE) to conduct Ten days ISTE Workshop on “Engineering Thermodynamics” during Dec 2012.
- Department of Computer Science Engineering, Mount Zion College of Engineering and Technology received Rs.1,98,700/- from Ministry New & Renewable Energy(MNRE)to conduct ten days ISTE Workshop on “Database Management System” during APR2013
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mount Zion College of Engineering and Technology received Rs.1,22,200/- from Ministry New & Renewable Energy(MNRE)to conduct ten days Workshop on “Analog Electronics” during MAY2013.
- BE students (CSE) received Rs. 10,000/- from Tamilnadu State Council for Science and Technology for their project titled “Design of a robotic hand for paralyzed using a brain computer interface” during May 2013
Funding Proposals submitted:
|1||Faculty Development Programme||Ad hoc networks Design, Application and Models||AICTE|
|3||Seminar||Cryptology Progress and Challenges||AICTE|
|4||Faculty Development Programme||Recent trends in optical communication and networks||AICTE|
|5||Seminar||Research Challenges in Ultra Wide band Technology||AICTE|
|6||Faculty Development Programme||Recent trends in design and applications of smart grid hybrid systems||AICTE|
|7||Modrobs||Strength of materials||AICTE|
|8||Seminar||“Role of Civil Engineering in Coastal Zone Management”||MOES|
|10||Seminar||Recent trends in microwave and optical communication||UGC|
|12||Seminar||Recent advancement in wireless technologies||TNSCST|
|14||Seminar||Recent trends in microwave and optical communication||TNSCST|
|15||Seminar||Entrepreneurship development Programme||DST|